2013 SSP 35th Annual Meeting
MARRIOTT MARQUIS IS SOLD OUT. CLICK HERE FOR NEARBY HOTELS.
June 5-7, San Francisco Marriott Marquis, San Francisco, CA
SSP Meeting App Now Available
The SSP 35th Annual Meeting now has a guide on Guidebook! Improve your experience by taking the schedule, maps, Twitter and more with you on your phone or mobile device. Available for iOS, Android, Blackberry and web-enabled devices, completely free. Get it for your device now!
The SSP Board of Directors, Annual Meeting Program, and Education Committees are pleased to present the program for the 35th SSP Annual Meeting, June 5 – 7, 2013 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, San Francisco, California.
“Surviving (and Thriving!) in Our Multi-Access World: Navigating the New Publishing Paradigm”
June 5 – 7, 2013
San Francisco Marriott Marquis, San Francisco, California
- Opening Keynote Speaker: Tim O’Reilly on June 5th
- Two Plenary Sessions:
- A group of experts on the Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) who will review how these are transforming scholarly communication on June 6th
- An international panel who will discuss policy shifts in their regions and emerging opportunities for publishers on June 7th
25 concurrent sessions divided over 5 tracks, which will include:
- Business models — panels on article-level metrics, Open Access, Academic Social Networking Platforms, digital textbooks, and remixing content
- Sales and marketing — including panels on metrics 2.0, altmetrics, discovery services
- Technology — panels on mobile, responsive design, enhancing discoverability of book content
- Workflow/production — panels on HTML, future of peer review, metadata management, automating rights and permissions, accessibility challenges
- Global outreach — panels on reaching a global audience and models for non-profit publishing from around the world