Information overload or fake news? How can scholars and the general public navigate the current media landscape to validate what they think they know? The Scholarly Kitchen Chefs will lead a panel discussion with prominent science communicators about the roles of scholarly publishers, libraries, journalists, industry and government in adding to or challenging the questions raised about scientific accuracy.
- David Crotty, Editorial Director, Journals Policy, Oxford University Press
- Michael Clarke, President, Clarke and Company
- Laura Helmuth, Health, Science, & Environment Editor at The Washington Post, and the President of the National Association of Science Writers
- Rick Anderson, Associate Dean for Collections and Scholarly Communication at the J. Willard Marriott Library of the University of Utah
- Derek Lowe, Author, “In the Pipeline”