Home   »   News   »   Member News & Releases
10.15.2019 | Member News & Releases

AJE, Research Square, and Scholastica Provide Educational Event for Peer Review Week 2019

October 15, 2019 – Durham, NC – In September 2019, AJE and Research Square hosted a joint online event with Scholastica as part of Peer Review Week, an annual event in scholarly publishing. Peer Review Week 2019’s theme focused on Quality in Peer Review across academia and research publication.

The webinar featured multiple panelists who presented on various topics related to Peer Review, including:
* Danielle Padula, Community Development, Scholastica – “Accept with Revisions: The Evolving Peer Review Landscape”
* Roma Konecky, PhD, Editorial Quality Advisor, Research Square – “How to Write a Good Peer Review”
* Patrick Applegate, PhD, Team Manager, Research Square – “Reproducibility: Promoting Scientific Rigor and Transparency”
* Damian Pattinson, PhD, VP, Content and Engagement, Research Square – “Preprints and Community Feedback: An Alternative to Traditional Peer Review”

“I think this year’s Peer Review Week theme was such an important one. The process of peer review requires regular community review and revisions. I think the webinar was an opportunity to tackle core questions in peer review and to highlight some promising new developments,” said Danielle Padula of Scholastica.

Attendees had the opportunity to attend the event live via webcast or watch a recording. On the day of the event, more than 800 people from around the globe had registered to participate. The audience was highly engaged, asking many insightful questions throughout the presentation.

Research Square’s Patrick Applegate, reflecting on the event, said, “It was a pleasure to hear my fellow panelists’ perspectives on the crucial topic of peer review, and I appreciated the questions we received from scientists all around the world.”

About AJE American Journal Experts (AJE), a division of Research Square, exists to make research communication faster, fairer, and more useful. Our team of PhDs, who are former researchers and publishing industry professionals, truly understand the importance of communicating research and results to a global audience. By helping researchers publish their work more quickly, we accelerate the pace of discovery and career advancement. For more information on our services and partnership opportunities, visit AJE.com.

For further information, please contact:
Theresa Somerville, Marketing Communications Manager, AJE

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!