Home   »   News   »   Member News & Releases
10.08.2019 | Member News & Releases

Alison McGonagle-O’Connell Launches Strategic MarComms and Community Development Consultancy

October 5, 2019 – Alison McGonagle-O’Connell announced the creation of O’Connell Strategic Consulting, a new consultancy focused on strategic marketing, business development, and community development for innovative technology organizations and publishers in scholarly communications and academia. This follows Alison’s successful transition from Coko management team member to advisory board participant on October 1, 2019.

Earliest client relationships include Delta Think, Book Sprints, and Coko.

– For Delta Think, Alison joins the team to develop community around the Open Access Data & Analytics Tool. Alison will also support consulting engagements focused on innovating workflows and leveraging open source technologies.
– For Book Sprints, Alison provides support in marketing and communications.
– For Coko, Alison continues activities related to strategic public relations and business development support.

Alison continues participating as co-chair of CRediT Program Committee, in addition to several initiatives and committees in the space.

“I’ve been very fortunate to develop a unique skill set working across extremely innovative and industry leading organizations, and I observe that everyone thrives and moves forward when collaborating in this way,” commented Alison. “My preference is to support organizations doing the most innovative work. I’m looking forward to leveraging a consultancy model to support helping organizations sustainably meet and exceed their growth goals related via strategic development activities.”

“As the scholarly communications landscape continues to evolve, start ups, emerging and existing players will benefit from leveraging Alison’s nuanced subject matter expertise and experience managing community development activities and interorganizational collaboration,” commented Richard Wynne, Founder of Rescognito, and former Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Aries Systems.

“I’m enthusiastic about continuing to collaborate with Alison in new contexts including within advisory capacities for Editoria and Coko,” commented Adam Hyde, Founder of Coko. “Alison’s many years in the industry make her an extremely efficient add to any team. She’s an excellent resource with deep subject matter expertise, many helpful connections, and a real passion for moving this industry forward.

“We are excited about leveraging Alison’s expertise for quickly generating fresh content for Book Sprints’ content distribution channels,” commented Barbara Rühling, CEO of Book Sprints. “Alison’s is an interesting multifaceted perspective on the publishing industry and open technology that she brings forward in everything she does. We are excited to integrate her work into our messaging.”

About O’Connell Strategic Consulting Alison McGonagle-O’Connell is a strategic development consultant with more than fifteen years of experience working for scholarly publishers, proprietary software as a service vendors, and open source organizations, as well as supporting project based initiatives in this space. Most recently, Alison led community development as a member of the Coko Management Team. alisonmcg.com

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!