Home   »   News   »   Member News & Releases
03.13.2020 | Member News & Releases

APA Publishing and the Society of Clinical Psychology Announce New Publishing Partnership

March 12, 2020 – APA Publishing and the Society of Clinical Psychology, Division 12 of the American Psychological Association (SCP), are proud to announce a publishing partnership for the society’s flagship journal, Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice (CP:SP). The journal will move to the APA PsycArticles database, and new issues will be published with APA Journals starting in 2021.

“APA Journals is honored to be selected as SCP’s publishing partner,” said Rose Sokol Chang, PhD, the APA Journals Publisher. “The society represents a diverse and dynamic field in psychology — we are excited to welcome the society and add this important voice to our program, already well-known for providing authoritative content and setting standards in the field.”

Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice presents cutting-edge developments in the science and practice of clinical psychology related to assessment, intervention, and service delivery, in the forms of narrative and systematic reviews as well as meta-analyses. CP:SP has been in press for 26 years and has a journal impact factor of 6.028. CP:SP will join other APA Publishing clinical titles such as Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology and Psychological Assessment, creating a more comprehensive, well-rounded source of information for clinicians everywhere.

“Partnering with APA Publishing will allow SCP to better serve our community through increased outreach and visibility, allowing clinical psychology to take a bigger seat at the table when devising treatment plans or considering health policy,” said SCP President Elizabeth A. Yeater, PhD. “APA’s commitment to diversity and inclusion and mission to represent the needs of the psychology community sets a standard for publishers everywhere.”

Editor Arthur M. Nezu, PhD, said he looks forward to this partnership. “I am grateful to Wiley for their assistance since I started as Editor-in-Chief of CP:SP 1.5 years ago,” he said. “However, because of my previous significant involvement with APA publications, I feel like I’m coming home.”

Dr. Nezu served as the previous editor of the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, past associate editor of both the American Psychologist and Archives of Scientific Psychology, chair of APA’s Council of Editors, a member of both the task force to revise APA’s Publications Manual and the task force to revise the Journal Article Reporting Standards for quantitative research.

About the Society of Clinical Psychology The Society of Clinical Psychology (APA Division 12) represents the field of clinical psychology and encourages the integration of psychological science and practice in education, research, advocacy, and public policy. SCP offers resources for clinicians, continuing education, and committees to represent groups within the field. In theory, training, and practice, the society strives to recognize the importance of diversity and strives to understand the roles of gender, culture, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, and other dimensions of diversity.

About the American Psychological Association The American Psychological Association is the world’s largest nonprofit publisher of psychological science, setting standards for scholarship in the field. APA Publishing produces journals, books, videos, databases and educational products for researchers, practitioners, educators, students and the public. For more information, contact APA Journals: journals@apa.org

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!