Home   »   News
04.21.2020 | SSP News & Releases

SSP Announces Newly Elected Board Members for 2020-2021 Term

April 21, 2020 – Mt. Laurel, NJ – The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) 2020-2021 election results are in! Join us in welcoming the following leaders to our Board of Directors:

President-Elect

Alice Meadows, Director of Community Engagement, NISO

Bio: I joined NISO (National Information Standards Organization) as their Director of Community Engagement in November 2019, after 41/2 years in a similar role at ORCID. Before moving into the world of research infrastructure, I had worked in scholarly publishing for many years, including at Wiley and Blackwell Publishing. I’ve been an active member of SSP since 2008, serving as a Board member (2010-13 and 2016-19) and on various committees, as well as being a regular contributor to The Scholarly Kitchen. I was honored to be awarded the SSP Distinguished Service Award in 2018, the ALPSP Award for Contribution to Scholarly Publishing in 2016, and the ISMTE Recognition Award in 2013. I’m passionate about scholarly communications and about issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and have written and spoken widely on these topics, as well as participating in a number of related initiatives, including C4DISC.

Treasurer                                                                              

Emilie Delquie, Director, Rightsholder Relations and Global Alliances, Copyright Clearance Center

Bio: My career in publishing actually started because I enjoyed working at the University of Massachusetts Library so much that I stayed on after graduating. I then moved to PCG, the sales and marketing consulting division of Ingenta, where I helped publishers navigate the institutional library market for nine years. In 2014, I joined the Copyright Clearance Center to help manage a group of key publisher relationships. Today, I coordinate CCC’s Rightsholders Relations and Global Alliances teams where I get to work with hundreds of partners around the world.

I have been very fortunate to be involved with SSP over the years as a member of the Board of Directors, co-Chair of the Annual Meeting Program Committee and of the Career Development Committee, overseeing the wonderful Fellowship program. I’ve also been a volunteer on the Executive Committee and various Task Forces.

Members-at-Large

Meredith Adinolfi, VP of Publishing Operations, Cell Press

Bio: I started my career in publishing as a copyeditor and have continued to build on that foundation for the past 20 years. In my current role, I oversee production and editorial operations for our growing journal portfolio. This involves broad oversight of our submission, pre-accept, production, and print and online publishing processes. I also contribute to the strategic vision of Cell Press and, with a Six Sigma green belt certification, focus on workflow optimization and evolution. I enjoy the small publisher feel of Cell Press but also benefit from being part of Elsevier, which rounds out my perspective and what I can offer as a member of SSP. One of my professional passions is developing people, and I was therefore honored to serve for 2 years as co-chair of SSP’s Career Development Committee. Through that committee, I have been able to assist in launching and growing SSP’s mentorship program, which has been incredibly rewarding.

Gabe Harp, Senior Manager for Digital Products, The MIT Press

Bio: I followed a passion for language into a career in scholarly publishing and have held a number of operational, product, and leadership roles at Cell Press and, more recently, the MIT Press. The common thread has been a delight in solving problems of all sorts, from processes and products to career development and organizational structure. I enjoy managing and mentoring others, experimenting with new tools and methods and continually learning. SSP has been a wonderful resource for me over many years, and I have valued the opportunity to give back through work with the Early Career Subcommittee, with the Finance Committee, and as Co-Chair of the Philanthropic Fund Task Force. Outside of work I relish the precious time that I have with my family and delight in fishing, cycling, and composting.

Sai Konda, Senior Managing Editor, American Chemical Society

Bio: My career in scholarly publishing began as a serendipitous alternative to research in the chemical industry. I had experienced the ‘other side’ of publishing as an author and reviewer while pursuing Master’s and doctoral degrees, and a post-doctoral stint, at the University of Texas at Austin and University of Delaware, respectively. My first job following graduate school was serving as a Managing Editor in the Publications Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS). I am currently a Senior Managing Editor, overseeing the strategic and content management of ten journals in the materials science and physical chemistry portfolios, the largest at ACS by published output.

My strong association with SSP began with an Early Career Fellowship in 2017 and volunteering on the Early-Career Subcommittee. I went on to co-Chair the subcommittee for a year, and continue to be actively engaged in the Career Development Committee. The Fellowship experience came full circle when I took on the role of a mentor for a student fellow from the 2019 cohort. When the opportunity has arisen, I have contributed content in the Scholarly Kitchen through my association with the early-career community.

These new board members will begin their terms June 1. Current Past President Adrian Stanley, Treasurer Byron Laws, and Board members Robert HaringtonHillary Corbett, and Isabel Thompson, will conclude their terms at that time.

Election winners will join incumbent board members incoming President Lauren Kane, DeltaThink; incoming Past President Angela Cochran, American Society of Civil Engineers; and Members-at-Large Lisa Hinchliffe, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Elizabeth R. Lorbeer, Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, Rebecca McLeod, Harvard Data Science Review, Alison Mudditt, PLOS, Laura Ricci, Clarke and Esposito, Miranda Walker, Wolters Kluwer, and David Crotty (ex-officio), Oxford University Press.

Thank you to all of our members who voted!

About the Society for Scholarly Publishing The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP), founded in 1978, is a nonprofit organization formed to promote and advance communication among all sectors of the scholarly publication community through networking, information dissemination, and facilitation of new developments in the field. SSP members represent all aspects of scholarly publishing—including publishers, printers, e-products developers, technical service providers, librarians, and editors. SSP members come from a wide range of large and small commercial and nonprofit organizations. They meet at SSP’s annual meetings, educational seminars, and regional events to hear the latest trends from respected colleagues and to discuss common and mutual (and sometimes divergent) goals and viewpoints.

Contact Melanie Dolechek, Executive Director | info@sspnet.org | 303-422-3914

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!