Keep your eyes open in the next couple weeks as we reveal the theme for this year’s SSP Annual Meeting. The 2018 SSP Annual Meeting marks the 40th anniversary of the event and will be sure to attract a number of high-quality and inspiring talks and presentations. The Annual Meeting will be held at the Sheraton Chicago, May 30-June 1, 2018.
This year we are pleased to offer a number of different submission types. This variety of presentation format allows potential speakers and presenters the opportunity to profile their expertise and knowledge in the format that best meets their needs:
- Concurrent sessions are either 60 or 90 minutes in length, and are designed for multiple speakers to present a specific topic or learning objective. We encourage concurrent sessions that are interactive, represent diverse perspectives, and provoke new ideas for attendees from across the industry. Submission opens October 13 and closes November 10th.
- Pre-meeting seminars are extended (3-hour) sessions held prior to the main conference, providing in-depth learning about a topic for an additional fee. These sessions should be instructive and interactive, and designed to provide a deep dive into a topic. Submission opens October 13 and closes December 10th.
- Sponsored sessions are an opportunity to tell conference attendees about a specific product or idea, and are held at the conference venue before the opening keynote on Wednesday. Sponsors may choose whether attendance is free to all attendees or by invitation only. Submission opens October 13 and closes December 10th.
- Watch for the Previews Session call to open mid-January.
You can choose what format that works best for your content when submitting each session proposal.
Tips and Tricks for your 2018 SSP Annual Meeting Proposal
How to Submit a Proposal for the SSP Annual Meeting
The 2018 Annual Meeting Program Committee is pleased to share advice and recommendations about what makes a great Annual Meeting session, and to share new developments in this year’s Call for Papers.
- Consider your audience: Attendees at the SSP Annual Meeting are there to meet colleagues, learn about new trends, and gain practical skills that help them in their careers. They are executives, editors, salespersons, marketing and product managers, librarians, and technologists. The best session proposals proposal are those targeted enough to teach their key audience something new while still being of interest from other groups in the industry.
- Be specific: The more specific you are about the goals and objective of your sessions when submitting your proposals, the better! Please be sure to tell us what track and audiences you have in mind, and suggest a few names or types of speakers who you would plan to invite. Remember that SSP encourages a diverse range of speakers and viewpoints in every session.
- Consider the theme: The themes and tracks chosen for the 2018 Annual Meeting are a sign of what the committee considers interesting to attendees. Consider how your submission might tie in to the theme and the issues related to it.
- Unsure? Ask! Please be sure to reach out if you have any questions while submitting a session proposal. Contact Jennifer Lanphere at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again this year SSP is again proud to work with ScholarOne as our Abstract Management Service. All session proposals must be submitted by the appropriate deadline. Our committee will begin reviewing papers immediately upon each deadline, so we regret that we cannot accept late submissions. Incomplete sessions will not be reviewed, so don’t forget to hit submit!
Please be sure to reach out if you have any questions while submitting a session proposal.