NISO’s Open Discovery Initiative (ODI) Standing Committee is working on revising the ODI Recommendations published in 2014. For information gathering, the committee has designed surveys for the three stakeholder groups: libraries, content providers, and discovery service providers.
We need your help! Please participate in these surveys to ensure the revised recommended practice reflects current discovery practices. The surveys will be available until July 19, 2019. You can preview the survey questions using the pdf link: https://bit.ly/2Y14n0z
- Content Provider Survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/odi-contentprovider
- Discovery Provider Survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/odi-discoveryprovider
- Library Survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/odi-library
Survey questions will inform the following areas for the revision (more details about these available in the full work item proposal):
- Library Responsibilities in ODI
- Handling of Open Access Content Including Hybrid OA Content
- More Meaningful Usage Statistics for Content Providers
- Fair Linking
- Identifying the Source of the Record in the Discovery Interface
- Content Coverage Disclosure (Reporting on Discovery Service Content at a Collection Level)
- Identification of Additional Metadata and Content Elements
Summary results from these surveys will be made available in an appendix to the revised Recommend Practice.