February 17, 2020 – Mt. Laurel, NJ – The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) is pleased to announce registration for our 42nd Annual Meeting, “Rethink, Reimagine, & Revolutionize the Future of Scholarly Communication,” is now open! Catch up on industry trends and network with colleagues in scholarly communications in Boston, MA on May 27-29, 2020. Early bird registration rates are available until April 17. Register now!
The SSP Annual Meeting features six informative tracks:
- Tools & Technology: The world of scholarly communication will always rely heavily on technology. Sessions will focus on the latest developments in tools and infrastructure underlying the sharing of scholarship.
- Culture of Change: Our community is changing in ways big and small, thinking in new ways about diversity, accessibility, and inclusion, to name just a few.
- External Pressures: The business of scholarly communication has been facing significant transformations, and more are anticipated. Sessions will discuss challenges and evaluate possible solutions.
- Marketing, Sales, & Strategy: The market for scholarly communication continues to grow. Evolving strategies to develop new products, reach new audiences, and find new ways to make research relevant to the world will be increasingly critical.
- Professional Development: We recognize that the SSP Annual Meeting serves as an essential source for ongoing learning and education within our community. Sessions aim to explore this area through innovative ways.
- &…: We often receive excellent submissions that stand-alone—proposals with strong content that don’t fit into one of the set tracks. This track will be a grab bag of these sessions. Ethics, early career issues, best practices in editorial and production, library concerns, or anything else!
In addition to choosing from multiple interest areas, attendees won’t want to miss these extra meeting highlights:
NEW! Pre-meeting Journal Publishing Training: An all-day session on May 27 offering multiple modules specific to journal issues.
NEW! Poster Session: Highlighting unconventional thinking or innovation in publishing.
- Networking: Attendees will enjoy ample opportunities for meeting colleagues and sharing ideas at evening receptions, interactive lunches, and other events.
- Exhibitors Marketplace: Our popular exhibit hall provides a central area to learn about new products, programs, services, and solutions.
- Bonus Content: Registration includes free sponsored sessions on Wednesday afternoon. Plan to arrive early to take advantage of this additional content provided by industry knowledge experts.
“Our 42nd Annual Meeting attracts thought leaders across the industry and is a perfect occasion to share ideas and opportunities,” said Melanie Dolecheck, SSP Executive Director. “We invite attendees to rethink trends and reimagine the changes needed to ensure scholarly publishing adapts to changing pressures.”
In addition to early registration discounts, special rates are available for Librarians, Students, Retirees, Funders, Researchers, and groups. Rate information and program details available now. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Society for Scholarly Publishing – The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP), founded in 1978, is a nonprofit organization formed to promote and advance communication among all sectors of the scholarly publication community through networking, information dissemination, and facilitation of new developments in the field. SSP members represent all aspects of scholarly publishing—including publishers, printers, e-products developers, technical service providers, librarians, and editors. SSP members come from a wide range of large and small commercial and nonprofit organizations. They meet at SSP’s annual meetings, educational seminars, and regional events to hear the latest trends from respected colleagues and to discuss common and mutual (and sometimes divergent) goals and viewpoints.