The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) is pleased to announce registration for our 45th Annual Meeting, “Transformation, Trust, and Transparency,” is now open! Catch up on industry trends and network with scholarly communications colleagues May 31–June 2 in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Early bird registration rates are available until April 21.
The pace of change in our industry continues unabated, with seismic shifts in areas such as the dissemination of research, business models, and the nature of the workplace. And yet, while pressure for change has become the new normal, fundamental change has proved more elusive. We invite you to join us in highlighting the trust and transparency issues that underlie many of the challenges we face and exploring what it takes to create a more meaningful transformation in scholarly publishing.
Twenty-four educational sessions over two days led by top industry experts complementing four plenary sessions are at the heart of our Annual Meeting.
- Keynote Address | Wednesday, May 31: Elisabeth Bik, PhD, Science Consultant, Harbors-Bik LLC
- Featured Plenary | Thursday, June 1: The Evolving Knowledge Ecosystem
- Closing Plenary | Friday, June 2: Trust in Scholarly Publishing Moderated Debate
Kick off the Annual Meeting on May 31 by networking with industry thought leaders who share advice, case studies, expertise, and the latest market solutions in our Industry Breakout sessions starting at noon on Wednesday!
Don’t forget to add these meeting highlights to your schedule:
- Poster Sessions Posters will be available for viewing throughout the meeting in the Exhibitors Marketplace. During the Poster Sessions, you can chat with presenters as you browse the various posters.
- Exhibitors Marketplace Meet with exhibitors and sponsors and see what new innovations are being offered by industry service providers. The Marketplace is accessible throughout the duration of the meeting, but exhibitors will be available during breaks and nightly receptions.
- Previews Session This “lightning round” plenary offers the chance to learn more about the industry’s newest and most innovative products, platforms, and/or content in 5-minute, back-to-back presentations.
In addition to early registration discounts, special rates are available for Librarians, Students, Retirees, Funders, Researchers, and groups. All individual members and staff of organizational members will receive the member discount to attend the Annual Meeting. Rate information and program details are available now. For more information, email email@example.com.
In-person attendees are highly encouraged to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 and to test before traveling. For more information about the attendance policy and health and safety measures in place, please see our Health & Safety Information page.
If you prefer to attend virtually, all keynotes, plenary sessions, and selected educational sessions will be streamed live. All other educational sessions will be available on demand within 24 hours. Participants can chat in real-time with other attendees via the virtual meeting platform, and several additional online networking opportunities will also be available for exclusively for virtual attendees.
The SSP community continues to focus on bringing together academics, funders, librarians, publishers, service providers, technologists, and countless others with a communal interest and stake in disseminating scholarly information. We look to SSP’s 45th Annual Meeting as an opportunity to continue this tradition and welcome all colleagues and community stakeholders, old and new!