Home   »   News   »   Member News & Releases
08.05.2020 | Member News & Releases

The American Accounting Association Partners with Morressier to Launch a Dedicated Virtual Conference Library

July 30, 2020 – Lakewood Ranch, FL | Berlin, DE – ‍The American Accounting Association (AAA) today announced a partnership with Morressier, the world’s leading platform for early-stage research, to both host their virtual conferences and preserve their conference content in a growing library.

The Spark Presentation Gallery will provide AAA with a single platform to seamlessly manage, host, stream, and widely distribute content and proceedings across its entire conference portfolio.

Founded in 1916, AAA represents the largest community of accountants in academia. Conferences play a vital role for AAA and its members, which is why the Morressier-powered Spark platform provides a timely option to ensure that conferences can continue virtually at a time when in-person meetings are not possible. The expanded platform launch comes after a successful pilot collaboration for AAA’s inaugural fully-virtual meeting in June.

Through this partnership, AAA will leverage Morressier’s comprehensive suite of tools and services to enhance the visibility and impact of conference content, including by assigning DOIs and making all research fully searchable within the AAA library. AAA conference content will be accessible to non-delegates on Morressier’s discoverability platform after a 60-day embargo period, increasing its global dissemination and the accessibility of new advances in accounting research.

The Spark Presentation Gallery will also host infographics and pre-recorded research and teaching presentations, allowing delegates to watch in their own time and prepare in advance for live, moderated Q&A sessions with presenters.

Tracey Sutherland, PhD, Executive Director of the American Accounting Association, said: “By partnering with Morressier to develop our “Presentation Gallery”, we have been able to extend the reach and range of our members’ scholarship by enabling authors to post infographic summaries, videos, working papers, slides, and handouts – and allowing registrants to browse those before, during and after our meetings. Our members benefit from having their work assigned a DOI, increasing its visibility, and we envision incorporating this capability across all of our meetings – even when we are able to convene in person again.”

Elaine Mauldin, PhD., AAA President-Elect and BKD Professor University of Missouri, said: “As a research presenter at the inaugural pilot meeting, I found the Spark platform easy to work with and enjoyed the added visibility for our research. The Morressier support team is highly responsive and I also appreciate receiving subsequent updates regarding views and downloads of my work. Finally, it’s great that I can maintain control over public viewing of my early-stage content. I look forward to continuing our partnership with Morressier for future meetings.”

Justus Weweler, Morressier Co-Founder and Director of Key Accounts, said: “We are thrilled to partner with the American Accounting Association to launch the Spark Presentation Gallery. AAA’s digital conference strategy strongly aligns with Morressier’s own and we look forward to continuing to work together to host high-impact conferences and increase the discussion around valuable early-stage accounting research.”

About The American Accounting Association The American Accounting Association (AAA) is the premier community of accountants in academia. Founded in 1916, AAA has a rich and reputable history built on leading-edge research and publications. The diversity of the AAA membership creates a fertile environment for collaboration and innovation. Collectively, AAA shapes the future of accounting through teaching, research and a powerful network, ensuring its position as the thought leader in accounting.

About Morressier Morressier is the platform for early-stage research. Providing seamless submission and publishing tools, workflow solutions, and new revenue opportunities, more than 200 leading organizations trust Morressier with their conference content. Morressier’s powerful suite of tools and custom integrations help partners to manage, share, and monetize traditionally hidden research, including abstracts, posters, presentations, and conference proceedings. At the same time, by increasing dissemination and providing valuable aggregate insights, Morressier facilitates scholarly discourse and accelerates scientific breakthroughs. Learn more at www.morressier.com.

Contact Michelle Kuepper | michelle.kuepper@morressier.com´| +49 172 1074 155

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!