Over the past year, many benefits of virtual conferences have become clear. With no need to travel, our colleagues are able to attend regardless of geographic location, ability to travel, commitments at home, etc., and many conferences have been richer experiences as a result. For vendors who rely on face-to-face interaction, however, virtual conferences have posed a challenge.
With this in mind, SSP’s meeting planning team has worked hard to provide a truly interactive marketplace experience — you can watch short video clips, join a live meeting, download information, or speak with someone to get your questions answered. The conference platform’s innovative features make the marketplace gallery a great way to keep up with the latest technology and services in the industry as well as to say hello to old and new friends.
Visiting the Marketplace Gallery is also a great way to support our exhibitors and sponsors, who have provided generous support for the Annual Meeting. Set aside time in your schedule to visit the Marketplace Gallery to learn about new offerings from a wide array of vendors.
Two key tips for making the most out of visits to the Marketplace:
- Plan ahead: What challenges are you facing? What questions do you have? What solutions have you been wondering about? Plan to visit the vendors who can help. Consider setting up appointments in advance, but feel free to stop by anyway.
- Get on the Leaderboard! Earn points every time you contact an exhibitor or sponsor, join a Marketplace live meeting, watch video, or download files posted by exhibitors and sponsors.
The Marketplace Gallery is accessible throughout the duration of the meeting, but exhibitors will be available for text and/or video chat during the designated times (Eastern Time):
- Monday, May 24 | 5:00 – 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 25 | 12:30 – 2:00 PM, 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, May 26 | 5:00 – 6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 27 | 4:30 – 6:00 PM
The first 900 registrants for the Annual Meeting will receive a complimentary digital meal voucher from GrubHub, courtesy of our Lunch & Learn sponsors, Aries Systems, Atypon, and Straive. Register now!
SSP would like to extend a huge thank you to our exhibitors:
News contribution by SSP member, Nicola Poser. Nicola is Director of Marketing And Sales at the American Mathematical Society.