Home   »   News
Share +
07.18.2019 | SSP News & Releases

The Society for Scholarly Publishing Welcomes Jacklyn Lord as Marketing and Operations Manager

July 18, 2019 – Bloomington, IN – The Society for Scholarly Publishing is pleased to welcome Jacklyn Lord, who joined the SSP team on July 15 as Marketing and Operations Manager. She is responsible for all marketing and communications and provides support for the Fellowship Program, Mentorship Program, Peer Group Networks, the Board of Directors, and the Nominating and Awards Committee. She will also oversee SSP’s operations and provide administrative support for the Society.

Jacklyn LordJackie comes to SSP with a broad set of marketing and administration experience, including over ten years of designing and producing media communications, concentrated in the nonprofit sector. Her career in scholarly publishing began at Indiana University Press, where she served as the Journals Marketing Manager and participated in several initiatives to grow IUP’s brand recognition and improve partner communications. 

“We’re thrilled to have Jackie join the SSP team. Her background and experience will help SSP advance its mission. Having worked in scholarly communications for a number of years already, she understands the challenges our members face and the environments within which they work. I’m looking forward to working with Jackie and am confident she’ll bring a fresh perspective to SSP’s programs and communications,” said Melanie Dolechek, SSP Executive Director.

An adept project manager, Jackie has previously worked with executive directors to develop strategic outreach plans that cultivated growth using a unique blend of skills across media studies and communication, including market research, brand identity, social media, content creation, media relations, advertising, and data analysis. She holds a Master of Science in Media Research and Management and is interested in media literacy, internet culture, and scholarly communication.

“I’m looking forward to using my passion for media studies and experience in nonprofit marketing to offer guidance on best practices for content development, outreach, and operations informed by direct experience and the latest research on a changing information landscape. I hope to be an active community facilitator, fueled by a genuine enthusiasm for our industry’s mission.”

Jacklyn lives in Bloomington with her partner and their child. On the rare occasion she’s not on the internet, she enjoys gardening and building Lego sets. She’s on Twitter as @ms_jacklyn_lord.

About SSP
The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP), founded in 1978, is a nonprofit organization formed to promote and advance communication among all sectors of the scholarly publication community through networking, information dissemination, and facilitation of new developments in the field. Learn more at: https://www.sspnet.org.

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!