While there is nothing quite like attending the Annual Meeting in person, we recognize that not everyone has the opportunity or ability to travel. As a result, we are excited to offer virtual attendees this opportunity to stay current on the latest industry topics alongside in-person attendees. Virtual attendance provides the perfect opportunity for industry professionals to attend the SSP 44th Annual Meeting in Chicago on their terms.
All keynotes, plenary sessions, and selected educational sessions will be streamed live June 1-3, 2022. Streams will include speakers and any presentation materials. Virtual attendees can submit questions to speakers during these sessions via a chat facilitator, so you’ll feel like you’re right in the room! Participants can also chat in real-time with other virtual attendees via the virtual meeting platform for online networking. Several additional online networking opportunities will also be available for virtual attendees.
Recordings of all other sessions in the Program will be available on-demand in the meeting platform/app within 24 hours after the session occurs. The meeting platform/app will also contain posters and a complete attendee list.
2 keynote speakers, 2 plenary sessions, and 5 educational sessions over 3 days
On Demand Content
All 30 recorded educational sessions available within 24 hours + poster displays
Exclusive in-platform networking events for virtual attendees + chat with attendees via the app
All sessions listed in Central Daylight Time
Wednesday, June 1
- 4:00 pm | Opening Remarks by Alice Meadows, SSP President
- 4:15 pm | Opening Keynote by Shermann “Dilla” Thomas: How Chicago History Shapes Modern Education and the City’s Impact on Global Academia
Thursday, June 2
- 9:00 am | Keynote by Jennifer Heimberg: The Strategic Council and Research Excellence
- 10:00 am | Virtual Speed Networking (Small Groups)
- 10:30 am | Session 1D: It Takes a Scholarly Publishing Village
- 12:00 pm | Awards Luncheon/Annual Business Meeting
- 2:00 pm | Session 2B: Getting Authors and Publishers on the Same Page: A Global Conversation
- 3:30 pm | Session 3D: How to Build a Lasting Culture of Innovation (and What Not to Do): A Conversation with the Experts
- 4:45 pm | Session 4A: How to Advance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Your Organization: A Look at Successful Initiatives in the World of Scholarly Publishing
Friday, June 3
- 9:00 am | Plenary: Preview Session: New and Noteworthy Product Presentations
- 10:30 am | Session 5C: Rethinking Reproducibility: Bridging the Gaps Between Research Cultures, Publishing Workflows and Scholarly Infrastructures
- 11:30 am | Virtual Small Group Discussion
- 1:00 pm | Closing Plenary: The Scholarly Kitchen Live!