February 2, 2010, The American Geophysical Union (AGU), Washington, DC
Ten years in, what does a 21st Century library look like? How are librarians meeting the changing needs of patrons? What are their predictions for the next big thing? Join us as we pepper six seasoned librarians with questions about what keeps them up at night and what they need now.
In a proven formula, our panel of librarians will take questions from moderators and participants on a range of themes during a full day of discussions. The panelists have been chosen for their wide ranging knowledge, and there will informal as well as formal opportunities for discussion.
- Barbara Shearer, Director, Charlotte Edwards Maguire Medical Library College of Medicine Florida State University
- Martha Whittaker, Head of Technical Services, Gelman Library System, George Washington University
- Anne C. Elguindi, Director of Information Delivery Services, American University
- MJ Tooey, Executive Director, Health Sciences and Human Services Library and Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Steven Bell, Associate University Librarian for Research & Instructional Services, Temple University