September 17, 2014, American Geophysical Union (AGU), Washington, DC
Covering the fundamentals of scholarly publishing as a business, this seminar provides essential context for those in the early stages of their careers. Attendees will learn how the various publishing functions (editorial, product development, content/technology management, marketing, and sales) fit together to drive current industry business models and how scholarly publishing organizations are undertaking new initiatives to meet evolving business needs. The seminar will cover business concerns common to all types of scholarly publishers such as for-profits, not-for-profits, or governments/foundations.
- Evelyn Jabri, Director, Product Strategy, Silverchair
- Michael Clarke, President, Clarke & Company
- Barbara M. Ford, President, Meyers Consulting Services
- Mary Etta Schoradt, Executive Product Manager, Online Products Team, SAGE
- Brian Selzer, Interim Deputy Director of Publications, American Public Health Association