Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Eastern Time
All is not Green and Gold in the development of sustainable business models for books. The open access world for books started much later than for journals but at this point there are a variety of different initiatives and all are pursuing different models in an effort to find ones that will be sustainable over the long haul. This webinar will check in with a few of the different organizations to see how their efforts are progressing and what new plans they are developing.
- Tom Beyer, Platform Services Director, Sheridan
- Charles Watkinson, Associate University Librarian and Director of the University of Michigan Press, University of Michigan Library
- Sven Fund, Founder, fullstopp
- Rod Cookson, Managing Director, IWA Publishing
- Ros Pyne, Head of Policy and Development, Open Research at Springer Nature