Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 3:00-4:30 pm Eastern Time
Join your publishing colleagues in this 90-minute web seminar to discuss the perils and pitfalls of computer-based art and design for scholarly publication. Three production experts from leading academic publishers and printers (representing both the STM and Humanities sectors) will share their tips for handling digital art, and describe ways of avoiding some common problems.
Ethical as well as technical issues will be covered. An emphasis will be placed on author guidelines, and some examples of good practice will be shared and discussed.
Conducted over the WebEx platform, SSP web seminars allow busy publishers to participate from the comfort of their own offices. All participants need is an internet connection, a computer (PC or Mac), and a telephone.
- Charles Watkinson, Director of Publications, American School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Madeleine Donachie, Managing Editor, American Journal of Archaeology
- Jon DeLaConcepcion, Manager, Electronic Imaging Center, Allen Press
- Eric Pesanelli, Editorial Art Manager, American Physiological Society
- Jill Shimabukuro, Design Manager/Associate Design + Production Director, University of Chicago Press