February 3, 2009, The American Geophysical Union (AGU), Washington, DC
- Do you want to get expert advice from a diverse and knowledgeable group of librarians?
- To understand changes in the library market and librarian concerns?
- To explore new concepts and products with potential buyers?
- To speak directly with librarians in the trenches on key issues and questions?
In other words, do you wish you had the time, money, and resources to assemble your own librarian focus group with a skilled professional moderator?
Once again, SSP has done the work to organize such a group for its members, using your questions and incorporating evaluation feedback from the first panel we have been able to make the program even better. The overall evaluation rank for the Feb. 2005 event was 4.55 with 5 being “excellent”! The second SSP Librarian Focus Group will be held in February 2006 in Washington, DC. Attendance will be limited to 50 SSP members. *Only members may register.*
There will be time for structured questions on key issues such as:
- Open Access models
- Licensing practices, policies
- Most effective marketing communications to libraries
- Customer service issues
- OTHER TOPICS suggested by attendees
- AND time for informal interactions with our librarian panel
All you need to do is show up in Washington DC for a day! The session will be held on Thursday, February 9, from 10 am to 3:30 at the American Geophysical Union headquarters, 2000 Florida Avenue NW, Washington DC. Last year this event sold out within days, so don’t wait to register! When you register, you’ll have to chance to rank questions or provide your own.
Fees including lunch:
SSP members: $299
Moderator: Eileen Lawrence, Vice President for Sales & Marketing, Alexander Street Press
Christine Martire, Director for Strategic Partnerships, PALINET(consortia)
Elizabeth E. Kirk – Head, Entrepreneurial Library Program, Sheridan Libraries, The Johns Hopkins University (electronic resources librarians)
T. Scott Plutchak, Director, Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences University of Alabama at Birmingham (medical libraries)
Susanna Van Sant, Interim Leader, Collection Management Team University of Maryland Libraries College Park (academic libraries)
Ethel M. Salonen, MSLS, Associate Manager, Information Services, The MITRE Corporation (corporate libraries)