September 16, 2015, American Geophysical Union (AGU), Washington, DC
New technologies, expanding requirements and evolving business models are rapidly changing the scholarly publishing landscape. A new generation of authors is looking for new ways to collaborate during the authoring process, as well as the ability to take greater control over the publishing process. There’s an increased emphasis on who sees their work, how quickly their manuscripts move through the peer- review process, the quality of that process, and ultimately where, and how quickly, they make it to publication. Publishers want to develop and maintain the flow of quality papers, while responding to financial and competitive pressures in the market. Our speakers will discuss new tools, workflows and integrations developed to address the changing needs of STM authors.
- Barbara Meyers Ford, Meyers Consulting Services
- Kerry Kroffe, Senior Editorial Manager, PLOS
- Mary Anne Baynes, Chief Marketing Officer, Overleaf
- Jennifer Fleet, Director of Strategic Client Solutions, Aries
- Eric Hall, Product Manager, PRE/AAAS
- Jacob Kendall-Taylor, PNAS