The 12th GW Ethics in Publishing conference will be held in October 2022 as a hybrid event, with in-person and virtual presentations and attendees, on Friday, October 14 (planned), at the George Washington University in Washington, DC (date and location to be confirmed).
The theme of the 2022 Ethics in Publishing Conference is “Ethics in Action.”
We welcome your proposals for presentations and will seek to accommodate as many presentations as possible. Please indicate below whether you are able to present in person or online.
Call for presentations/papers: https://forms.gle/
The GW Ethics in Publishing conference is organized by the George Washington University Master of Professional Studies in Publishing program. This is a joint call for papers for the GW Journal of Ethics in Publishing.
We are soliciting conference presentations from (and for) publishing and library professionals, scholars, faculty, as well as publishing and library science students.
Topic ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Actions that publishers, libraries, and other stakeholders in the publishing ecosystem are taking to advance and impact ethical issues in publishing, including but not limited to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA)
- Efforts to make publishing workplace practices inclusive and equitable, including internships, early-career positions, mentorship initiatives, etc.
- Actions that have helped to ensure diverse voices are more represented in the publishing ecosystem
- Work to advance and ensure that peer review, authorship, editing, publications metrics, etc., are equitable and free of bias
- Ways to make publications more accessible for all.
Presentations will include invited speakers, multiple speaker panels, and short presentations.
The 12th Ethics in Publishing Conference co-organizers are Puja Telikicherla, Licensing & Subsidiary Rights Manager, American Psychiatric Association Publishing, and Adjunct Professor, George Washington University; and John W. Warren, Director and Association Professor, Master of Professional Studies in Publishing, George Washington University.
The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP), along with the Association of University Presses (AUPresses), are sponsors of the GW Ethics in Publishing Conference.
Attendance (in person and virtual) to the conference will be free-of-charge. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for in-person presenters and attendees.
Deadline for presentation proposals/submissions: September 1, 2022. We will endeavor to accommodate as many presentations as possible. Registration for the conference is free.
Join the Conversation
You must be logged in to post a comment.