Home   »   News
10.31.2016 | SSP News & Releases

Lettie Conrad announced as new North American Editor for Learned Publishing

October 31, 2016 – The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP) and the Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) have announced Lettie Conrad as the new North American Editor of Learned Publishing journal.

Audrey McCulloch, Chief Executive of ALPSP said: ‘We are delighted that Lettie has accepted this post. Many in the industry will know her work for a number of global information organizations and her experience in product innovation.’

Melanie Dolechek, Executive Director of the Society for Scholarly Publishing added: ‘Lettie has been an active member of both SSP and ALPSP. We are so pleased she is able to take the North American Editor’s post on behalf of SSP.’

Editor-in-Chief Pippa Smart commented: ‘Huge thanks go to Judy Luther who has concluded her term as North American Editor. I look forward to working with Lettie, who has already had a trial run as guest editor for January’s themed issue on discoverability. Her energy and enthusiasm will be a real asset!’

Lettie Conrad responded: ‘I am really excited to get started! I look forward to drawing on my experience as well as working with my peers all along the institutional and academic knowledge supply chain to bring innovative and engaging articles and new perspectives to the journal.’

Lettie takes up her post with immediate effect and can be contacted with ideas for case studies, research articles and opinion pieces from North America via us-editor@alpsp.org.

About Learned Publishing – Learned Publishing is a major international journal, published on behalf of ALPSP by Wiley and in collaboration with the Society for Scholarly Publishing. It is packed with the latest ideas and informed opinion on all aspects of scholarly publishing. The journal is published quarterly in January, April, July, October; ISSN 0953-1513 (Print), 1741-4857 (Online). ALPSP and SSP members receive free access to the journal. www.learned-publishing.org

About ALPSP – ALPSP is the international membership trade body that supports and represents not-for-profit organizations and institutions that publish scholarly and professional content.  With over 330 members in 40 countries, membership also includes those that work with these publishers.  ALPSP’s mission is to connect, inform, develop and represent the international scholarly and professional publishing community. Founded in 1972 by 24 societies, ALPSP has grown to become the largest trade association helping scholarly and professional publishers around the world. www.alpsp.org

About SSP – The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP), founded in 1978, is a non-profit organization formed to promote and advance communication among all sectors of the scholarly publication community through networking, information dissemination, and facilitation of new developments in the field. SSP members represent all aspects of scholarly publishing — including publishers, printers, e-products developers, technical service providers, librarians, and editors. https://www.sspnet.org/

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!