Home   »   News   »   Member News & Releases
10.22.2019 | Member News & Releases

Milestone: The Geyser Marks 1st Anniversary

October 28, 2019, Westborough, MAThe Geyser – Hot Takes and Deep Thinking on the Info Economy, the subscription e-newsletter founded by Kent Anderson, past-president of the Society for Scholarly Publishing, has reached its one-year mark. The Geyser is published by Caldera Publishing Solutions, a consultancy Anderson also heads.

After one year, and boasting hundreds of paying subscribers, the e-newsletter has exceeded expectations and is serving an increasingly important role in moving discussions forward among publishers, libraries, editors, and others involved in the information space.

Published on the Substack platform and delivered via email directly to subscribers, The Geyser provides topical articles about the scholarly communications space and online communication more broadly, including book reviews, interviews, conference recaps, and insights — with an occasional diversion into music or culture. Topics tackled during the first year include preprint servers, Plan S, library value, new business models, and the deeper dimensions of information responsibilities.

“When I started The Geyser, I followed the same rule I made when I founded The Scholarly Kitchen,” Anderson said. “That is, give it a year, set a goal, and see if it happens. Now, a year later and with a goal of 100 subscribers, I’m thrilled at the reception, the subscriber numbers, and that good content still cuts ice in the world today.”

Individual and group subscriptions to The Geyser are available. For more information, reach us at contact@caldera-publishing.com.

About Caldera Caldera Publishing Solutions was launched in 2016 with the mission of providing scholarly and scientific publishers — as well as other information purveyors — with future-focused consulting services. We emphasize editorial development, product development, market assessment, customer insights, and strategic synthesis. We have some unique approaches that help develop strategies that recognize complexity and size-up viability from the start.

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!