Home   »   News
12.16.2013 | SSP News & Releases

President’s e-Letter – Winter 2013

KentAnderson2013Dear SSP Members,

Before the end of 2013, I wanted to share with you how the Society for Scholarly Publishing achieved new landmarks of success – from an Annual Meeting that exceeded our goals to successful Fall Seminars in Washington, DC, to the  vibrant Scholarly Kitchen, this year was an excellent example of what SSP can accomplish for its members.

The Board of Directors and Committee Chairs are devoted to making 2014 even better for you, providing more value and expanding our educational and networking offerings.

Library Focus Group, February 4, 2014, Washington, DC. After a few standing-room-only meetings, the February 2014 Library Focus Group in Washington, DC, will be expanded to serve a larger audience. Be sure to register for this event, being held on February 4, 2014, at the American Geophysical Union headquarters. See more at: http://www.resourcenter.net/Scripts/4Disapi2.dll/events/2014-librarian-focus-group/472/

The SSP Webinar Series. Registration is now open for the 2014 Webinar Series. Four informative webinars on relevant topics have been scheduled for 2014. Print on Demand (POD) March 11, followed by Beyond Counting Downloads: New Methods for Capturing and Using Online Publication Traffic on April 8. In the Fall there will be a webinar on Editorial Strategy: Content Evaluation and Curation on September 9 and another on Publishing Services Vendor Integration on October 14. – See more at: https://www.sspnet.org/events/webinars/

The 2014 SSP Annual Meeting. On May 28-30, 2014, we are expecting a blue-ribbon Annual Meeting in Boston, with the theme of Who’s at Stake and What’s at Stake: Looking Outward at the Future of Scholarly Publishing. Look for more information about this exciting event in one of the nation’s best cities (not that I live nearby . . .).

While there is a lot to look forward to, for now please accept my genuine gratitude for supporting SSP in 2013. Enjoy time with your family, friends, and loved ones. May the rest of the year be filled with peace and harmony for you and yours.

Warm regards,

Kent Anderson

SSP President, 2013-14

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!