Home   »   News
03.29.2023 | SSP News & Releases

SSP Welcomes Kristen Totaro as Industry Relations Associate

The Society for Scholarly Publishing is pleased to announce Kristen Totaro has joined the SSP team as Industry Relations Associate. Kristen has a great deal of experience in working with associations to build client relationships and possesses the necessary experience and knowledge needed to see SSP excel in driving revenue-generating activities. 

During the last few years, SSP has added new programs and opportunities for industry suppliers to reach scholarly publishers amid a constantly changing landscape. The Industry Relations Associate is responsible for selling exhibits, sponsorships, and advertising opportunities while liaising and collaborating directly with all key leaders involved. She is joining the SSP team through a partnership with Association Headquarters.

“I am thrilled to welcome Kristen as our new Industry Relations Associate to the SSP team,” said Melanie Dolechek, SSP Executive Director. “With her impressive background and passion for fostering strong relationships, I have no doubt that our members and industry partners will be hearing from her as we ramp up to the 45th Annual Meeting. We are looking forward to collaborating with her to continue to build meaningful partnerships within our industry.”

Kristen served most recently as the B2B Manager for Party City Corporation, where she was responsible for the development of a new revenue stream targeting the Education industry. Previously, she worked for over 10 years as the Publisher of several community publications, managing advertising, content, sponsorships, and events. Kristen was also the co-owner of Nimble Quick, a full-service marketing and advertising agency located in Philadelphia. Her role was notable for new business development and client account management. Before starting her own company, her work experience included: Grey Advertising, Scholastic Publishing, the National Audubon Society, and the Bertelsmann Group. Kristen is an active member of the community and has served on many different non-profit boards, including: Push To Walk NJ, Northern Home for Children, and Grayhawks Youth Football.  She lives in Northern, New Jersey, and is mom to her two children, Ryan, a freshman who plays lacrosse at the University of Pennsylvania, Kailtyn who is a senior in high school, and Max the Cavapoo.

“I am very excited to join the SSP team as the Industry Relations Manager, and I look forward to meeting the members and sponsors,” said Kristen. “I’m excited to learn about the association and will work to maximize my expertise to help support the organization in any way I can.”

SSP offers multiple advertising, sponsorship, and exhibit opportunities for scholarly publishing products and services across multiple channels. In addition to The Scholarly Kitchen website and the SSP website, where members and other scholarly publishing professionals seek information about society news and upcoming events, we offer sponsorship opportunities in RE:member, SSP’s weekly eNews digest.  To learn more about the sponsorship and advertising opportunities available, please view our media guides.

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!