2012 IN Meeting
September 30 – October 2, 2012, Arlington, VA
Program Information Sponsors
Now in its fourth year, the SSP IN Conference reflects SSP’s commitment to supporting inspiration, innovation, and interactivity at an executive-level, intimate working meeting.
Organized around the three primary publishing functions: creating content, producing & managing content, and selling & distributing content, the meeting will feature presentations by industry thought-leaders along with networking and interactivity with fellow attendees. This year’s meeting will follow the same basic agenda as last year’s highly successful, sold-out event, with an opening keynote and reception on Sunday evening, followed by presentations and working group activities on Monday and Tuesday.
In addition to the opening keynote on September 30, and a series of presentations by industry experts, this year’s IN Conference takes an innovative approach to learning about innovation — Innovation Games ®. Led by publishing consultant and qualified Innovation Games ® instructor, Jonathan Clark, you will learn how to use games as a way of driving sustainable innovation in your own organization — by playing those games yourself. Through a series of games specially customized for the IN conference, you’ll get to work (and play) in small groups with peers and colleagues from other organizations — a unique opportunity to learn new ways to encourage and sustain innovation while networking (and having fun!).
Throughout the program, attendees will:
- Discuss and digest new information and ideas
- Prioritize and target audience segments and their specific needs
- Identify vehicles for viable transformative action
- Collaboratively develop roadmaps to accomplish ground-level change
IN Meeting organizers have received input from SSP members about their strategic priorities, which has helped guide their planning. Members will have opportunities to share information and network with senior colleagues throughout the two day program. The meeting is structured to serve dual purposes: to give attendees thought-provoking, new ideas and experiences and to help them translate what they’ve heard into practical business activities.
Facilitator: Jonathan Clark, CEO, Jonathan Clark & Partners
Keynote Speaker: Beverly Schwartz, Vice President of Global Marketing, Ashoka
- Vivian Berghahn, Managing Director, Berghahn Books
- Alison Denby, Editorial Director, US Journals, Oxford University Press
- David Jastrow, Director, Strategic Market Analysis for Health Sciences, John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Arend Küster, Managing Director, QScience
- Todd McGee, Assistant Director for Systems Applications, HighWire
- David Payne, BMJ Group