2014 SSP 36th Annual Meeting
May 28-30, The Westin Boston Waterfront, Boston, MA
Don’t miss your opportunity to attend the 2014 Annual Meeting. The meeting theme is: Who’s at Stake and What’s at Stake? Looking Outward at the Future of Scholarly Publishing. The SSP 36th Annual Meeting will be held May 28-30, 2014 in Boston, MA. #SSPBoston
Annual Meeting Schedule
Wednesday, May 28, Pre-Meeting Seminars
Wednesday, May 28, 4:00 pm, Annual Meeting Opening Keynote
Rick Joyce, Chief Marketing Officer for Perseus Books Group
Thursday, May 29, Keynote
Chris Lintott, Astronomer at the University of Oxford, co-presenter of the BBC’s Sky at Night, and Citizen Science Project Lead at Adler Planetarium
Friday, May 30, Keynote
Dan Cohen, Director of the Digital Public Library of America
Jill Cousins, Executive Director of the Europeana Foundation
Thursday-Friday, Sessions by Track
- SSP Previews
- Making Digital Pay: How Publishers Are (or Are NOT) Making the Return on Their Digital Investments
- Learning to Let Go or How to Add Readers to Your Marketing Team.
- How to Make Innovation Happen
- Cultivating “Intrapreneurship” to Drive New Product Development and Revenue Growth
- Improving Reader Engagement in the Era of the Social Web
- Capturing Contributor Roles in Scholarly Publications
- Incorporating Multimedia into Journal Content
- Much Ado about Mobile: Making Mobile Product Development Choices
- Building Vertical Communities
- Aligning 21st Century Skills across Publishing Communities
- Expanding the Possible: What’s New and Upcoming in Standards and Technologies for Publishing
- Peer Review: Single Blind, Double Blind, Open, and Pre-Submission
- Connecting Research and Researchers: How ORCID is Facilitating the Interoperable Exchange of Information
- CHORUS: A Collaborative Solution for Public Access to Scholarly Literature
- Today’s Philanthropy, Tomorrow’s Markets?
- Content Bootcamp for Today’s Classroom: in the Trenches with Instructors
- Preparing for Tomorrow’s Stakeholders Today: Wear it, Map it, Augment it!
- Chat with a Librarian
- Simpatico or Star-Crossed Lovers? Scholarly Communication and Scholarly Publishing Seek to Rekindle Common Passions
- Publishers and Data Repositories: New Models to Support Seamless Scholarship
- The 21st Century Data-Driven Digital Publisher
- Growing the Research Data Ecosystem
- How Authors, Publishers, and Readers Are Using Altmetrics.
- Gaining Customer Insight through Contextual Inquiry: Do as I Do, Not as I Say
Pre-meeting Seminars, Wednesday, May 28
Open Access Mandates and Open Access “Mandates”: How Much Control Should Authors Have over Their Work?
Under the Radar: New Technologies and Global Developments for Publishers and the
Changing Academic Landscape
Publishing Strategy: To Partner or not to Partner?
Journal Production: The Basics and Beyond.