Tuesday, November 14, 2017 from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time
Information overload or fake news? How can scholars and the general public navigate the current media landscape to validate what they think they know? The Scholarly Kitchen Chefs will lead a panel discussion with prominent science communicators about the roles of scholarly publishers, libraries, journalists, industry and government in adding to or challenging the questions raised about scientific accuracy.
- David Crotty, Editorial Director, Journals Policy, Oxford University Press
- Michael Clarke, President, Clarke and Company
- Laura Helmuth, Health, Science, & Environment Editor at The Washington Post, and the President of the National Association of Science Writers
- Rick Anderson, Associate Dean for Collections and Scholarly Communication at the J. Willard Marriott Library of the University of Utah
- Derek Lowe, Author, “In the Pipeline”