What Information Do We Collect
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or become a member.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
The information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company, for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order as well as occasional organization news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We use a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database, which is accessible only by those authorized with access rights to such systems. All information is always kept strictly confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (e.g., credit card information) will not be stored on our server
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enable the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
The Society for Scholarly Publishing accepts requests for the SSP Member mailing list for programs, products, etc., that will advance members’ professional knowledge. These rentals are based on approval.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer links to third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section, which outlines the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website, at https://www.sspnet.org/disclaimer/
This policy was last modified on 4/24/2014