Home   »   News
03.06.2013 | SSP News & Releases

2013 Emerging Leader Award Nominations Now Open

Do you know an outstanding scholarly publishing professional who has been in the field for seven years or less? Consider nominating him or her for the SSP Emerging Leader Award. The due date for nominations is April 30, so start gathering data about your “rising star” soon!

The Emerging Leader Award was instituted in 2012 to recognize professionals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities despite their having worked in the field a relatively short time.

Receiving the Emerging Leader Award can contribute to growth within the industry and expand networking opportunities inside and outside SSP, as  Michelle Norell (Senior Account Manager, Strategic Accounts, Copyright Clearance Center), the first recipient of the award, learned:

“I was enormously honored to be the first recipient of SSP’s Emerging Leader Award in 2012. This award recognized my contributions to SSP¾an organization that I am deeply committed to serving¾and also my commitment to the publishing industry as a whole. There have been several occasions when I have met someone for the first time and they immediately bring up the Emerging Leader Award. The value and visibility of this award is significant, and I am grateful to SSP for honoring me with it.”

View the details about nominating a worthy professional and submit the information by April 30.

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!