Home   »   News
03.06.2013 | SSP News & Releases

Students and Early-Career Professionals: Apply for 2013 Annual Meeting Travel Grants

SSP invites applications for the 2013 Travel Grant Program, which provides up to $1,000 to help offset travel and accommodations expenses for the upcoming 35th Annual Meeting this June in San Francisco. This grant, given to as many as 14 qualified applicants, also includes complimentary meeting registration. Please note that applicants from outside North America might qualify for additional funding. The application deadline is March 27, 2013.

For complete details about eligibility, submitting an application, and more, view the Travel Grants web page.

If you are interested in sponsoring a Travel Grant, please click here to download the 2013 Exhibitor and Sponsor Prospectus. Sponsor the Travel Grants program to increase the visibility of your organization! Here’s what some past Travel Grant winners have said about the value of this opportunity:

“My career really took off after I received SSP’s travel grant in 2009. I had an amazing mentor who introduced me to many of the professionals in the community and served as a great connector between me—as a librarian—and vendors and publishers. If you’re a student or early-career professional, go for SSP’s travel grant program. It will open unexpected doors for you and help you build a network.”
Allyson Mower, Travel Grant 2009,
Scholarly Communications & Copyright Librarian
J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah

“Attending the SSP Annual Meeting as a Travel Grant Awardee was an amazing chance for me to meet publishing professionals from all walks of life—the depth of knowledge of the panelists, meeting attendees, and the Travel Grant mentors was invaluable. It was an incredible opportunity to step outside of my own experience and learn more about not only topics which could influence me and my career but other exciting ideas and topics I had not been exposed to before. I would encourage any young publishing professional or student to apply for SSP’s Travel Grant program; it truly offers an immense amount of knowledge and networking occasions that are vital for someone just starting out in this field.”
Kayte Bridgewater, Travel Grant 2012
Assistant Editor; Scientific, Technical, Medical and Scholarly Publishing
Wiley Publishers

Questions? Contact Will Wakeling, Travel Grants Chair.

View Comments

Be the first to write a comment!