The Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) is pleased to announce registration for our 44th Annual Meeting, “Building a More Connected Scholarly Community,” is now open! Catch up on industry trends and network with scholarly communications colleagues in Chicago, IL, June 1-3, 2022. Early bird registration rates are available until April 22.
The last 19+ months have been a fascinating contradiction, making us feel both painfully disconnected and also perhaps more bonded than ever before. How can we take the strengths we already possessed as a community, fold in lessons learned during the pandemic, and aim for being an even stronger, broader, and more connected community?
Our Annual Meeting brings together academics, funders, librarians, publishers, service providers, technologists, and countless others with a communal interest and stake in the dissemination of scholarly information. We look forward to the 44th Annual Meeting as an opportunity to reconnect and to connect anew.
Thirty educational sessions over two days led by top industry experts complementing two insightful keynote speakers are the heart of this year’s Annual Meeting.
- Keynote Address | Wednesday, June 1: Shermann “Dilla” Thomas, Chicago Urban Historian, CEO, Chicago Mahogany Tours
- Keynote Address | Thursday, June 2: Jennifer Heimberg, Director, Strategic Council for Research Excellence, Integrity, and Trust, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
Kickoff the Annual Meeting on June 1 with one of three engaging pre-meeting seminars:
- Taking the “Fear Factor” Out of Digital Publishing
- An Introduction to Copyright in Scholarly Communications
- Membership and Mission: An Introduction to Society and Association Publishing
Don’t forget to add these meeting highlights to your schedule:
- Networking Attendees will enjoy ample opportunities for meeting colleagues and sharing ideas at evening receptions, interactive lunches, facilitated networking sessions, and other events.
- Poster Sessions Posters will be available for viewing throughout the meeting in the Exhibitors Marketplace. During the Poster Sessions, you can chat with presenters as you browse the various posters.
- Industry Breakout Sessions Industry thought-leaders share advice, case studies, expertise, and the latest market solutions in these 30-minute sessions on Wednesday.
- Exhibitors Marketplace Meet with exhibitors and sponsors and see what new innovations are being offered by industry service providers. The Marketplace is accessible throughout the duration of the meeting, but exhibitors will be available during breaks and nightly receptions.
- Previews Session This “lightning round” plenary offers the chance to learn more about the industry’s newest and most innovative products, platforms, and/or content in 5-minute, back-to-back presentations.
In addition to early registration discounts, special rates are available for Librarians, Students, Retirees, Funders, Researchers, and groups. Rate information and program details are available now. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-person attendees will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and are strongly encouraged to wear a mask indoors during the meeting. For more information about the attendance policy and health and safety measures in place, please see our Health & Safety Information page.
If you prefer to attend virtually, all keynotes, plenary sessions, and selected educational sessions will be streamed live. All other educational sessions will be available on demand within 24 hours. Participants can chat in real time with other virtual attendees via the virtual meeting platform and several additional online networking opportunities will also be available for virtual attendees. Learn more!
SSP would like to thank all of our Annual Meeting sponsors:
Cabells | HighWire Press | Silverchair | TrendMD | TNQ Technologies | Atypon | KnowledgeWorks Global Ltd./Sheridan | American Geophysical Union | Aries Systems | Charleston Library Conference | Clarke & Esposito | Copyright Clearance Center | Delta Think | Ex Ordo | PeerJ | Ringgold Inc | Rittenhouse | Scholastica | Europa Science